Entry Level WordPress Designer
We help small to medium-sized businesses with their online presence. We are primarily looking for someone who can build pages in WordPress. Work can be done remotely but we prefer to hire people in Arizona.
This will be a paid-per-project contract work. Could be ideal for a student or for someone looking for extra work on the side with dedicated time to complete the work. Meeting deadlines and customer satisfaction is a priority.
The designer will be responsible for working from existing homepage design concepts and building interior pages (About, Contact Us, Services...) that flow with the original homepage design. You will need to have a basic understanding of HTML (so you can edit a link if you need to), CSS (if you need to make minor adjustments outside of the website builder), SEO principals (when and where to put H-tags), and creating sites that are mobile friendly (the builder software does most of this for you). Other duties may include updating existing website content for clients and/or retrieving Google Analytics data or other marketing data. There will be introductory on-the-job training for these duties.
This position requires no client interaction. This is a remote position so you will need your own computer or laptop.
- Designing, building, and testing websites for desktop and mobile layouts
- Make minor updates to existing websites
- Retrieving marketing data from Google Analytics and other marketing tools
- Communicate and meet deadlines
- Receive criticism and revision requests of your work and understand that it's not about you as a person
- A good sense of design fundamentals
- Previous experience in WordPress preferred
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS
- Genesis, Divi, and/or Elementor theme builder experience or willingness to learn
- A good attitude